Enroll as a transfer student at the Wayne State University College of Engineering and gain an edge over your competition. You'll learn the ins and outs of engineering and computer science from an internationally recognized faculty, known for pioneering the future from Midtown Detroit. You'll also be prepared to thrive as a graduate. Our college’s five high-impact practices supplement the education our students receive and help them to become more well-rounded engineers and computer scientists.
Join student competition teams and student organizations to grow leadership skills, meet friends and do what you love.
- Study, research or intern abroad in countries such as China or Austria to learn about working and flourishing in diverse cultures.
- Learn about opportunities available to spend time in the lab with a leading expert in your field from as early as your freshman year.
- Get a leg up in your career by working at a top firm as a student.
- Partner with dozens of local organizations to do good and gain so much more.
- At least 24 transferable credits of previous college work
- A minimum 2.5 cumulative grade-point average from all higher education institutions attended
Deadlines for transfer students
Transfer students may apply using the normal university deadlines, including taking advantage of walk-in admissions. However, students who are not transferring in Calculus 1 (MAT 2010) with at least a C must leave sufficient time to complete the Math Placement Examination. Students who have not completed this examination will be required to wait to take their technical courses until the following semester or begin the math sequence in MAT 0993.
Take a tour