Engineering Alumni Council
With an aim to increase the value of a Wayne State engineering and computer science degree, the Engineering Alumni Council works on behalf of more than 25,000 alumni who live in every state and 40 countries around the world.
The Engineering Alumni Council represents these alumni and serves as the college's chief volunteer body, responsible for alumni volunteer programs, events and communications.
With many great cultural, academic and career-focused opportunities and events throughout the year, Engineering Alumni Council programs offer the chance to volunteer time and expertise to support student learning and career preparation, as well as a great opportunity to connect with fellow engineering alumni.
There are four taskforce groups within the council, focused on key areas of engagement:
- Student/alumni taskforce
- College priorities taskforce
- Development taskforce
- Messaging and visibility taskforce
If you are interested in joining the Engineering Alumni Council, or if you have suggestions about how to help the council better serve the engineering alumni community, please contact Alumni and Donor Relations Officer Audrey Stephens at 313-577-6810 or email@example.com.
- Don Smolenski, MSChE '79, PhDChE '90, chair
- Russ Pogats, BSEE '92, vice chair
- Brian Geraghty, MSME '72, chair, Engineering Alumni Volunteer Corps
- Julius Reeves, BSIE '87, chair, Engineering Alumni Volunteer Corps
- Najwa Abouhassan, BSEE '07, MSEE '11, Recent Alumni Network Chair