Interested in our educational programs in biomedical engineering? Would you like to find out more, meet some faculty, and see some of our facilities?
The Department of Biomedical Engineering holds a number of different Open Houses and other events for prospective students and their families during the year:
- Fall Open House - October
- Winter Open House - March
- BME participation is designed for juniors and seniors to meet with students, learn about the program and tour BME labs.
- BME Design Day - May
- Highlighting the design projects of current students, this is an opportunity to see the creative and innovative work of undergraduate BME students at Wayne State.
To allow for effective planning, RSVP for these sessions at least 48 hours in advance. More information and an opportunity to RSVP is available for each event as it is planned on the University Event Calendar.
While the above events are directed to prospective undergraduate students, students interested in the graduate program are welcome to attend and meet with Ms. Murthy to discuss the program as well as participate in the tours.
NOTE: The entrance to the Bioengineering Center is on the south side of the building, on Hancock. On this block, Hancock is actually the parking lot for the neighboring apartments. There is no visitor parking available in this lot. Metered parking is available at the following nearby locations:
- On Anthony Wayne Drive between Warren Avenue and Forrest
- On Warren Avenue between Anthony Wayne Drive and the Lodge Service Drive
- In a small lot on the north side of the Bioengineering Center (see directions to Parking Lot 52)
Guest parking is also available in Parking Structure 2. Directions to campus and locations of parking lots can be found at campusmap.wayne.edu.