Curriculum tracks and course requirements
Total credits for graduation
- 32 for thesis degree plan
- 34 for non-thesis degree plan
- Nine credits of core courses (BME 5010 [Adv. Quantitative Physiology], BME5020, BME8070) are required for Thesis/Non-Thesis degree plan.
Track related required courses (min. 12 credits)
- All students in this track will take a minimum of 12 credits from the required course list
Non-thesis-one extra track related required/elective course
- A non-thesis student will take one more course from the track related-required or elective course list
Overall general requirements for M.S. BME Degree
- 7000 and above level requirement (six to nine credits for thesis/non thesis)
- BME 5010 Advanced Quantitative Physiology, 8070 and 7990/7996 do not count toward 7000 requiremen
- Mazimum of twelve credits in non BME courses. Prior approval of advisor must be received for courses outside of BME.
- Maximum of four credits in BME 5990, BME 7990 or BME 7996 (Directed Study/Research)
- Maximum of four credits in BME 6991 (Internship)
- Courses from certain colleges and departments do not count toward BME degree; these include Colleges of Business, Law and Education
- View MS Thesis Timeline.