"Welcome to the Department of Chemical Engineering and Materials Science at Wayne State University. Located in the heart of Detroit and connected with chemical, materials, and manufacturing industries and academia, our department consists of a dynamic and caring community of teachers, researchers, students, and staff. Currently, the department has 17 full-time faculty, 2 full-time staff, ~ 70 graduate students, ~ 185 undergraduate students, and ~ 10 research and postdoctoral fellows. Our students are our highest priority. We provide our students the basic knowledge in thermodynamics, transport phenomena, and process safety, as well as a cutting-edge research experience in advanced materials, nanoengineering, and sustainable chemical processes with our nationally recognized faculty members. We are proud of the impact of our students and alumni on their profession and community."
– Department Chair and Professor Guangzhao Mao
National Science Foundation’s CAREER and BRIDGE awards. Young Scientist Award from the International Congress on Catalysis. President of the Michigan Catalysis Society. Symposium chair for the 2014 ACS Catalysis Lectureship for the Advancement of Catalytic Science. Key to establishing WSU Nanoengineering. Multiple collaborations with local schools to engage K-12 students in science and engineering.
- Michigan Mobility Institute and Wayne State University announce development of advanced mobility curriculum
- International Student Grad Reception celebrates success
- Fifth annual Design Day spotlights record number of engineering student innovations
- Wayne State Associate Professor Eranda Nikolla wins national award for women in science