The College of Engineering Educational Outreach and Community Engagement Office facilitates collaboration with the college's community and partners, including K-12 schools, other universities, nonprofit organizations, government entities and businesses. The office achieves its goals through the following:
• Curricular engagement
• Community engagement
• K-12 outreach efforts
- SHAPE initiative provides high school students with hands-on experience in battery technologies
- Engineering staff members make the cut for childhood cancer research
- Wayne State University kicks off Detroit Startup Week with the third annual HackWSU event, May 19-21
- Hybrid Warriors visit Detroit high schools to discuss EcoCAR3
- Detroit Area Pre College of Engineering (DAPCEP)
- Sustainability@Wayne Seminar: "Sustainable Manufacturing at Ford: Doing the Work and Telling the Story"
- SciComp@Wayne Seminar: "How do we use computers around the world to obtain scientific results?"
- Water@Wayne Seminar: "Innovation in Today's Water Utility"