Connect Services maintains the College of Engineering's computing and multimedia facilities for classroom use. Areas and responsibilities of the Connect Services group include:
- Classroom support
- Classroom management
- Special event computer classroom scheduling and preparation
- Multimedia classroom management and training
- Student technology services information
- Software license management and support
- Student software technical support
Remote Desktop Connectivity and Security
All remote desktop connections (Microsoft Remote Desktop, VNC, SSH, etc.) to internal College of Engineering resources now require a connection to Wayne State University's VPN in order to successfully connect. This change was made earlier this year to increase the security of our internal resources that are accessible from outside the University.
If you are not familiar with using the VPN, please see the following C&IT web site:
If you would like assistance using the VPN, please contact the Engineering Help Desk using the contact information listed below.
The Engineering Help Desk is conveniently located in Main Engineering room 1410 to give technical assistance to students and instructors. The Engineering Help Desk can also be contacted by phone at 313-577-7555 Monday through Friday 8:30am-10:00pm and Saturday 9:00am-6:00pm or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Engineering Systems Group
The Engineering Systems Group is responsible for providing enterprise technical services to faculty, staff and researchers in the College of Engineering. These services range from maintaining the college network infrastructure to research computing support and colocation of servers within our Maccabees Datacenter.
Areas and responsibilities of the Engineering Systems Group include but are not limited to:
- College network infrastructure operation, maintenance and support
- Secure colocation of research servers and networking equipment
- Research computer and electronic hardware repairs
- Email, file, fax, Computing, DNS, DHCP (IP address assignment) and directory services
- Research lab support
The Engineering Systems Group can be contacted via email at email@example.com. Please send us your comments and suggestions. We continuously strive to improve the research computing experience in the College of Engineering.