Coronavirus (COVID-19) resources
A letter from the dean:
The outbreak of COVID-19 is an acute crisis that affects everyone. For the College of Engineering, it has changed the way we prepare our students to be leaders and innovators. While it is unusual to consider that education and research are ongoing with a largely vacant campus, we are looking forward to lively discussions and collaborations on digital platforms and are optimistic that learning opportunities will be abundant.
Even though interaction will be from a distance until this health threat subsides, the college's support staff is ready to help you adjust to this change in our educational environment. Academic advisors and faculty members are working together daily to ensure that students' needs are met.
Above all, please be safe and follow the advice of medical experts as we work together to get through this unprecedented situation. The College of Engineering's mission has always been to improve quality of life, and right now the best way we can uphold that mission is by practicing responsible citizenship.
Wayne State University College of Engineering
What advising services and/or resources are available for current students?
Current Bachelor students: remote advising
- Email is the quickest, most efficient way to contact your assigned academic advisor at this time. We will consider audio and video conferencing on an as needed basis; however, email advising does not require an appointment time and will provide you with a quicker response.
- Teams Chats or Video conferencing at the time of the appointment is also an option
- Remember: Courses are still organized by instructors; instructors should be sharing course information as well as information on how and when they are accessible. Please refer to Canvas.
Current Masters students: remote advising
- Email is the quickest, most efficient way to contact your faculty academic advisor. We will consider audio and video conferencing on an as needed basis; however, email advising does not require an appointment time and will provide you with a quicker response.
Current Doctoral students:
- Please continue communicating with your faculty academic advisors as you usually do.
All engineering students:
College of Engineering Career Services Staff are available remotely!
- Career Services staff will host online (via Teams or Handshake or email) or phone call one-to-one student/alumni career advising appointments.
- Informational video clips (1-2 minutes each) on engineering career-related topics will be posted to the Engineering Career Services YouTube Channel.
- Engineering Career Services will host virtual events and trainings via Zoom or Webinar. Specific details will be shared via Handshake & events.wayne.edu when created.
- Career opportunities will continue to be shared via email when employers/faculty/program chairs request support (jobs, internships, co-ops, scholarships, virtual events).
What advising services and/or resources are temporarily suspended?
No academic advising services will be suspended.
Engineering Career Services temporarily suspended: Company/Industry visits; Face-to-Face industry informational sessions; face-to-face training sessions; in-person major career fairs (next one is not scheduled until October 2020)
Whom do I contact with advising questions or issues?
- Undergraduate Advising for Current Students
- Graduate Advising for Current Students
- Engineering and Computer Science Career Advising for Current Students
Questions about current courses: Email your faculty instructor/professor.
Where can I get more information about COVID-19 and its impact on WSU?
How can I get technical assistance?
- C&IT Coronavirus Student Technology resources
- College of Engineering Help Desk
- C&IT Help Desk