Artificial intelligence, wireless sensors, bioinformatics, video game design — these are just a few of the exciting fields computer science graduates can enter. The Department of Computer Science in Wayne State’s College of Engineering offers an innovative education focused on the fundamentals of computer science while emphasizing new technologies, so our graduates are ready to step right into careers. The department is closely aligned with other academic areas, including business and medicine, to give students interdisciplinary options. Our students get jobs immediately in this promising field – a field that continues to grow and evolve.
At Wayne State's College of Engineering, you'll learn from nationally renowned faculty experts and benefit from our High Impact Practices of Student Success: team-based learning, global perspective, undergraduate research, internships and co-ops, and community service.
Working with students to combine data and develop a video-game engine to create a hunter's eye view of the Alpena-Amberley ridge as it was 9,000 years ago via a 3-D virtual world. Professor in Wayne State University’s Department of Computer Science.Robert Reynolds
- Computer science professor selected as ACM Distinguished Member
- Computer science doctoral graduate earns IEEE dissertation award
- Ford Customer Service Division creates endowed scholarship in the College of Engineering
- Computer science student wins ThinkChicago Civic Tech Challenge
- Webinar: Navigating the grad school application process
- Nano@Wayne Seminar: "Cancer Nanomedicine"
- Write Winning Grant Proposals Seminar for Hypothesis-Driven Research (general audience) – Dec 8, 2016
- Sustainability@Wayne Seminar: "Life Cycle Assessments for Sustainable Transportation: Ford Approach"