Artificial intelligence, wireless sensors, bioinformatics, video game design — these are just a few of the exciting fields computer science graduates can enter. The Department of Computer Science in Wayne State’s College of Engineering offers an innovative education focused on the fundamentals of computer science while emphasizing new technologies, so our graduates are ready to step right into careers. The department is closely aligned with other academic areas, including business and medicine, to give students interdisciplinary options. Our students get jobs immediately in this promising field – a field that continues to grow and evolve.
At Wayne State's College of Engineering, you'll learn from nationally renowned faculty experts and benefit from our High Impact Practices of Student Success: team-based learning, global perspective, undergraduate research, internships and co-ops, and community service.
Working with students to combine data and develop a video-game engine to create a hunter's eye view of the Alpena-Amberley ridge as it was 9,000 years ago via a 3-D virtual world. Professor in Wayne State University’s Department of Computer Science.Robert Reynolds
- Doctoral student awarded at Michigan Celebration of Women in Computing conference
- Wayne State engineering students explore innovation via competition at Lear
- Wayne State faculty researching epileptic seizure detection among competition finalists
- Big Data and Business Analytics Symposium continues to grow in its fourth year
- College of Engineering Spring Graduate Welcome
- Lipids@Wayne Fourth Annual Research Symposium
- American Heart Association Detroit Heart Walk
- The Second Fudan University – Wayne State University Colloquium in Precision and Translational Medicine - Genetic and Epigenetic Modulation of Cancer