Artificial intelligence, wireless sensors, bioinformatics, video game design — these are just a few of the exciting fields computer science graduates can enter. The Department of Computer Science in Wayne State’s College of Engineering offers an innovative education focused on the fundamentals of computer science while emphasizing new technologies, so our graduates are ready to step right into careers. The department is closely aligned with other academic areas, including business and medicine, to give students interdisciplinary options. Our students get jobs immediately in this promising field – a field that continues to grow and evolve.
At Wayne State's College of Engineering, you'll learn from nationally renowned faculty experts and benefit from our High Impact Practices of Student Success: team-based learning, global perspective, undergraduate research, internships and co-ops, and community service.
Working with students to combine data and develop a video-game engine to create a hunter's eye view of the Alpena-Amberley ridge as it was 9,000 years ago via a 3-D virtual world. Professor in Wayne State University’s Department of Computer Science.Robert Reynolds
- 2017 NSF Graduate Research Fellowship Program Notification
- College of Engineering and Handshake partnership paying dividends for students entering workforce
- Fourth annual Big Data and Business Analytics Symposium begins March 23 at Wayne State
- WSU College of Engineering to celebrate National Engineers Week
- Water@Wayne Seminar: "Twenty-five years of ecological change in New York's Hudson River: lessons for the world's rivers"
- ECN5 Workshop (Engine Combustion Network)
- Sustainability@Wayne Seminar: "Process Intensification for Biomass-Based Chemical Production using Techno-economic and Life-Cycle Analysis"
- College of Engineering Student Innovation and Design Day