Bachelor of Arts
The mission of the computer science B.A. program is to provide students with a strong foundation in both the principles and methodologies of computer systems and software development and programming that are necessary to solve real-world problems. Through the use of state of the art software and hardware students will learn to develop their programming skills in order to allow them to apply these learned techniques to analyze a problem, evaluate possible solutions, and create a solution as part of a program development team. The program prepares students for careers in software system development, intelligent systems, data base systems and analytics, computer systems and network design, software system security and bio-health among others. Upon graduation a student is prepared for a career in computer applications in academia, industry, government and the local community. In addition it provides students with opportunities to interact with professional institutions and exhibit the highest ethical
Program learning objectives
- Students will be able to apply the principles of computer science, algorithmic principles, mathematics, and scientific investigation to solve real-world problems appropriate to the discipline as part of a system development team.
- Students will have lifelong learning skills, which will allow them to successfully adapt to evolving technologies throughout their professional careers.
- Students are sufficiently prepared for employment and will have significant experiences with complex software development for real-world problems.
- Students will have sufficient teamwork, communication, and interpersonal skills to enable them to work with others effectively in their professional careers.
- Students can function ethically and responsibly, and are conscious of ethical, social, global, legal, security and professional issues related to computing.