All applicants for the MS or PhD program in Electrical and Computer Engineering whose BS degree is not from an ABET accredited university are required to submit scores of the general test of Graduate Record Examination (GRE).
Please complete an online application by February 28th to insure admissions and funding consideration for Fall semester.
Doctor of Philosophy Degree (Ph.D.) admission requirements:
- Admission to this program is contingent upon admission to the Graduate School.
- All students, who have their degrees from a country where English is not the native language, must provide the TOEFL examination results.
The TOEFL scores required for admission are as follows:
- 550 or higher for Paper-based TOEFL (pbt)
- 213 or higher for Computer-based TOEFL(cbt)
- 79 or higher for Internet-based TOEFL (ibt)
- All applicants must submit Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores.
- In addition, applicants must have a graduate (MS) grade point average (GPA) of 3.6 or above and must be have completed an undergraduate major or substantial specialized work in his/her proposed doctoral major field.
- Students with an undergraduate GPA of 3.5 or above may apply for direct admission to Ph.D. program.
- Students with less than a 3.5 undergraduate GPA must complete a master's degree program in Electrical and Computer Engineering prior to consideration for admission to a Ph.D. program.