- Graduate School requirements, which are listed at https://wayne.edu/admissions/graduate/admission-requirements/
- Departmental requirements:
- Students with a minimum overall GPA of 3.0/4.0 in their BSME degree program may be recommended for regular admission.
- Students with an overall GPA between 2.8 to 3.0 out of 4.0 in their BSME degree program will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- All students must have a Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or a very similar field. Applicants without a Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering are considered on a case-by-case basis.
- All students who have earned degrees from a country where English is not the native language must have a minimum TOEFL score of 79 from internet-based TOEFL (iBT) or 550 from a paper-based TOEFL (pBT) or IELTS score of 6.5.
- All applicants for the MSME program whose B.S. degree is not from an ABET-accredited university are required to submit scores of the Graduate Record Examination (GRE).
- International applicants are required to submit a WES Evaluation for their transcripts. Note that the official transcript evaluation must be transmitted directly from WES to the Office of Graduate Admissions.
- All applicants must pay the $50 Application Fee.
Please note: your application will not be assessed until all necessary items are submitted via our online application at gradapply.wayne.edu.
For questions about your application or requirements, please contact a Graduate Program Coordinator or call (313) 577-0412. Please include your Access ID or Application ID.