- Graduate School requirements, which are listed at https://wayne.edu/admissions/graduate/admission-requirements/
- Departmental requirements:
- Students with a minimum overall GPA of 3.0/4.0 in their BSME degree program may be recommended for regular admission.
- Students with an overall GPA between 2.8 to 3.0 out of 4.0 in their BSME degree program will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- All students must have a Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or a very similar field. Applicants without a Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering are considered on a case-by-case basis.
- All students who have earned degrees from a country where English is not the native language must have a minimum TOEFL score of 79 from internet-based TOEFL (iBT) or 550 from a paper-based TOEFL (pBT) or IELTS score of 6.5.
- All applicants for the MSME program whose B.S. degree is not from an ABET-accredited university are required to submit scores of the Graduate Record Examination (GRE).
- International applicants are required to submit a WES Evaluation for their transcripts. Note that the official transcript evaluation must be transmitted directly from WES to the Office of Graduate Admissions.
- All applicants must pay the $50 Application Fee.
Please note: your application will not be assessed until all necessary items are submitted via our online application at gradapply.wayne.edu.
For questions about your application or requirements, please contact Graduate Program Coordinator Ellen Cope at 313-577-0409 or firstname.lastname@example.org and include your Access ID or Application ID.