University Distinguished Professor, Mechanical Engineering
Ph.D. University of Michigan, 1957
1. Heat and Mass Transfer
2. Engine Combustion
3. Emission Controls and Tribology
- Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE), Fellow.
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME), Fellow.
- Society of Tribologists and Lubrication Engineers (STLE), Member.
- The Combustion Institute, Member.
- Engineering Society of Detroit, (ESD).Fellow.
- Sigma Xi, Member.
- Tau Beta Pi , Member.
Awards and Honors
- Society of Automotive Engineers, Certificate of Recognition, International Congress, 1965.
- Engineering Society of Detroit's College of Fellows Medallion Award, June 6, 1986.
- Society of Automotive Engineers Excellent Oral Presentation Award, April 28, 1987.
- Society of Automotive Engineers Recognition Award (20years SAE Student Advisor), 1992.
- Fellow, Society of Automotive Engineers, 1987.
- Wayne State University Board of Governor's Distinguished Faculty Fellowship, 1988-89.
- Society of Automotive Engineers, Certificate of Appreciation, 1990.
- ASME-ICE Meritorious Service Award, 1990.
- Outstanding Faculty Award, 1990-1991 and 1991-1992.
- Medallion Recipient of the 19th U.S. Army Science Conference, June 1994.
- Society of Automotive Engineers Faculty Advisor Award, 1995.
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers, Fellow, October 1995.
- A. R. Carr Professor of Engineering, Wayne State University, 1997.