Associate Professor, Mechanical Engineering
- Ph.D. University of Michigan, 1991
- M.S. University of Michigan, 1988
- M.S. Beijing University of Science & Technology, 1981
- B .S. Xi'an Institute of Metallurgy and Construction Engineering 1975
- Material processing and manufacturing, metal forming
- Material behavior and plasticity: metals, ceramics, composites.
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers, ASME. (Life-time Member since 1998).
- American Society of Automotive Engineers, SAE. (Member since 1996).
- The Materials, Mineral, and Metallurgical Society (Member since 1999, student member 87-91).
- American Society of Materials - International (Member since 1999, student member 87-91).
- American Ceramic Society (Member 92-94, student member 87-91).
Awards and Honors
- The Best Paper Award, Advanced Technologies, "Elevated Temperature Formability of Some Engineering Metals for Gas Forming of Automotive Structures" (SAE paper 2001-01-3103)
- The Best Organizer of Symposium and Sessions Award (Boss Award), International Mechanical Engineering Congress and Exposition (IMECE), Symposium of Thermo-Mechanical Processing of Materials, MED. Nov. 2000.
- Wang-Kuan-Cheng Fellowship, visiting research at Shenyang Institute for Metals Research, Chinese Academy of Science, 1999.
- Wang-Kuan-Cheng Fellowship, visiting research at Shanghai Institute of Ceramics, Chinese Academy of Science, 1994.
- CIDA Fellowship, Canadian International Development Agency, visiting research at McMaster University, Canada, 1984-1986.
- Excellence in Teaching Award, Beijing University of Science and Technology, 1983.