Assistant Professor, Industrial and Systems Engineering
4815 Fourth Street
Manufacturing Engineering Building
Dr. Saran's research interests are in stochastic programming, large scale optimization, and discrete event modeling and simulation. Applications of interest include supply chain management, healthcare, pricing and revenue management, and energy management. Before joining the PhD program at Texas A&M University, Dr. Saran worked in industry for nine years for companies like JDA Software, Hewlett Packard where he had opportunities to develop and implement decision support systems (mathematical and statistical models) in the domains of consumer support, supply chain management, transportation, and pricing and revenue management.
Ph.D, Industrial and Systems Engineering, Texas A&M University, College Station, TX, 2014.
M.S, Industrial and Systems Engineering, Texas A&M University, College Station,TX, 2003.
B.E, Production Engineering, PSG College of Technology, India, 1998.
IE4560 - Operations Research
- Support and Enhancement of Optimization Models for Advertisement Placements in Radio Stations, JDA Software, Atlanta, GA.
- Auto-Carrier - Routing and Loading, US Auto Logistics, Houston, TX.
- Venkatachalam S., Narayanan A., “Effective Formulation and Heuristics for Multi-Item Single Source Ordering Problem with Transportation Cost,” International Journal of Production Research, 2015.
- Venkatachalam S., Wong F., Uyar E., Ward S., and Aggarwal A., “Media Company Using Analytics to Schedule Radio Advertisement Spots,” Interfaces, 2015.
- Corolli L., Lulli G., Ntaimo L, and Venkatachalam S., “A Two-Stage Stochastic Integer Traffic Flow Management,” IMA Journal of Management Mathematics, 2015.
- Beier E., Venkatachalam S., Leon J., Ntaimo L., “Nodal Decomposition-Coordination for Stochastic Programs with Private Information Restrictions,” IIE Transactions, 2015.
- Beier E., Venkatachalam S., Ntaimo L., and Corolli L., “Stage- and Scenario-Wise Fenchel Decomposition for Stochastic Mixed 0-1 Programs with Special Structure,” Computers and Operations Research. DOI: 10.1016/j.cor.2014.12.01., 2015.