- CFD simulation of electric-drive vehicle battery pack thermal management
- Simulation of electric-drive vehicle powertrain and thermal management
- CFD modeling and simulation of horizontal axis wind turbine rotor aerodynamics
- Analysis of net radiative forcing for larger scale deployment of photovoltaics
- Engine soot emission and radiation characteristics burning alternative fuels
- Wayne State University College of Engineering Outstanding Faculty Award (2002)
- Wayne State University Career Development Chair Award (1996)
- NASA Summer Faculty Fellowship (1989 & 1990)
- Wayne State University Graduate Research Assistantship Award (1989)
- Convective & Radiative Heat Transfer
- Alternative Energy Technology
- Computational methods in Engineering
- June 13, 2013
Jerry Ku, will share his electric vehicle engineering expertise as he participates in the Electrifying the Economy - Educating the Workforce (E3) conference, held June 17 at the Adoba Hotel in Dearborn, Mich. Held in conjunction with the Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE) Transportation Electrification Conference and Expo, the conference is hosted by Wayne State University, Macomb Community College and NextEnergy.
Ku will co-chair "Educational Programs on Transportation Electrification: Current Status and Future Needs." The panel will discuss the status of programs and courses developed with support from the U.S. Department of Energy for the advancement of electric-drive vehicle engineering educational programs.
- May 21, 2013
Jerry Ku, was named one of four faculty advisors on the EcoCAR 2 Faculty Advisory Board. The announcement was made at the faculty appreciation dinner held during the EcoCAR 2 Year Two Competition.
- April 9, 2013
Jerry Ku, received the Engineering Student Faculty Board's 2013 Outstanding Faculty Service Award for the Electric-drive Vehicle Engineering Program.
- Jerry Ku was featured on The C.A.R. Show, which aired live from the SAE 2013 World Congress and Exhibition at Cobo Center on April 20. Ku spoke about the College of Engineering's electric-drive vehicle engineering program and EcoCAR 2 involvement, as well as the future of electric-drive vehicles. He's featured around the 27:50 mark of the show.
- Jerry Ku was quoted in an AP story on Wayne State's URC partnership with UM and MSU and its impact on research in the automotive industry. The story was picked up by Yahoo News and by many other media outlets.
- Jerry Ku was quoted in an Oakland Press story titled "Wayne State represents Michigan in EcoCAR 2 national hybrid engineering competition."
- Jerry Ku was featured on WWJ-TV's website for participating in a panel on the high-tech future of the auto industry at the WWJ Newsradio 950 businesss breakfast at Michigan State University.