Marcis Jansons Ph.D., P.E.
- Ph.D., Rutgers University, 2005
- M.S.M.E., New Jersey Institute of Technology, 1992
- B.S.M.E., Rutgers University, 1990
1. Engine technology
3. Optical diagnostics
4. Propulsion systems
Jansons, M., Zha, K., Florea, R., Taraza, D., Bryzik, W., Henein, N., “Effect of Swirl Ratio and Wall Temperature on Pre-Injection Chemiluminescence During Starting of an Optical Diesel Engine”, SAE Transactions, SAE Paper No. 2009-01-2712, 2009.
Jansons, M., Florea, R., Zha, K., Estefanous, F., Florea, E., Taraza, D., Bryzik, W., Henein, N., Hoogterp, L., “Optical and Numerical Investigation of Pre-Injection Reactions and Their Effect on the Starting of a Diesel Engine”, SAE Paper No. 2009-01-0648, 2009.
Jansons, M., Florea, R., Estefanous, F., Taraza, D., Henein, N. and Bryzik, W., “Chemiluminescence imaging of pre-injection reactions during engine starting”, International Journal of Vehicle Design, Vol. 49, Nos. 1/2/3, 2009.
Jansons, M., Lin, S., Rhee, K.T., “Infrared Spectral Analysis of Engine Preflame Emission”, International Journal of Engine Research, Vol. 9, No. 3, pg. 215-238, 2008.
Jansons, M., Brar, A., Estefanous, F., Florea, R., Taraza, D., Henein, N., Bryzik, W., “Experimental Investigation of Single and Two-Stage Ignition in a Diesel Engine”, SAE Paper No. 2008-01-1071, 2008.
- April 9, 2013
Marcis Jansons, received the Engineering Student Faculty Board's 2013 Outstanding Faculty Service Award for the Department of Mechanical Engineering.
- August 16, 2012
Marcis Jansons, was honored with the Ralph R. Teetor Education Award during the SAE 2012 World Congress held in Detroit. The award, established in 1963, recognizes and honors exemplary young educators who are successfully preparing engineers to meet the challenges that face society. The award is named after former SAE president, Ralph R. Teetor, who firmly believed that engineering educators are the most effective link between engineering students and their future careers.
- Marcis Jansons was featured in several articles about the lab tours Wayne State hosted for the American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) 2013 Internal Combustion Fall Technical Conference, held Oct. 13-16 in Dearborn.
- Marcis Jansons was featured in a Yahoo News article for being honored with the Ralph R. Teetor Education Award during the SAE 2012 World Congress held in Detroit.