Partners for the Advancement of Collaborative Engineering Education (PACE) is a collaboration of numerous partners with one main goal. This goal is to link global operation – including that of GM, EDS, Sun Microsystems and UGS – to key academic institutions around the world. These specially selected universities have been chosen to participate in the development of the automotive product lifecycle managment (PLM). PLM is a uniquely integrated approach to every aspect of a product from its design to its disposal. PACE is committed to the areas of:
- Requirements and planning (concept development)
- Styling (conceptualization)
- Product engineering (detailed design)
- Simulation (validation, optimization)
- Manufacturing engineering (tooling, machining, 3D plant layout)
- Managed development environment (product datamanagement, supply chain management, digital collaboration)
For more information on PACE, please visit their website at PACEpartners.org.