Research Support Office
The College of Engineering Research Support Office exists to assist faculty with all administrative, financial and compliance aspects of proposal submission and management of their externally-funded research awards.
Each department within the College is assigned a Sr. Grant/Contract Administrator who serves as a dedicated resource for proposal development and post-award management needs. These individuals are the first point of contact for any research funding questions or issues that may arise.
To find out who supports your department, please visit our Contact Us page.
The Research Support Office provides the following services to College of Engineering faculty:
- Assistance with proposal preparation, including budget development
- Review of completed proposal package for sponsor compliance and submission of proposal to sponsoring agency
- Generation of monthly financial expenditure reports and projections for all sponsored awards, including cost share accounts
- Review of personnel appointments and change in labor distribution requests on sponsored awards
- Rebudget requests
- Expenditure allowability review and expenditure transfer requests
- Effort reporting
- No-cost extensions
- Facilitating financial reporting and award closeout with Sponsored Program Administration
- Historical proposal, award and expenditure reporting for PIs, departments and the College