Autonomous systems: Function and coding
Widen your area of expertise within programming through this certificate for autonomous systems. Learners will advance their knowledge in the following areas.
- Understanding the demands on software for autonomous systems, including high speed responses and integrability of data and locations
- Various important technologies to ensure connectivity such as LIDAR, radar, and streaming video
- The components required for execution: codes, code architectures, cloud computing environments, and hardware integrations
Starts: Monday, October 3, 2022
Format: completely online, 6-week courses
Engagement: topical discussions on foundational course content, and current articles and media
Commitment: approximately 5-10h per week; 30-60 hours total for the program
Assessments and certification: successful completion of weekly assignments earns a Certificate of completion from the College of Engineering at WSU (Wayne State University)
- WSU enrolled students: $250/course
- WSU Alums: $600/course
- Others: $1,200/course
* Discounts available for Corporate Partners or companies with 5+ registrants
Technology requirement: Any laptop or smartphone with internet access
Course materials will be available electronically at the start of the course.
Individual assessments: Individual assessments are not timed and are multiple-choice questions.
Engagement: You must make at least 2 posts, per week. Your posts/comments can either be on the Course Feed or Course Help sections. For example, you can make 1 newsfeed and 1 discussion comment, 2 newsfeed comments or 2 discussion comments each week and receive full credit.
Course schedule by week
Code, code architecture and cloud infrastructure
Responsiveness and speed: Bandwidth, networks and protocols
External connectivity: Protocols for signal capture, data conditioning and decision-making
Programming for reliability and redundancy
Platforms and open-source solutions: Survey of emerging systems enabling connectivity
Safety and ethical decision-making in autonomous systems: Coding for regulatory compliance