Coronavirus (COVID-19) resources
What advising services and/or resources are available for current students?
Current Bachelor students: remote advising
- Email is the quickest, most efficient way to contact your assigned academic advisor at this time. We will consider audio and video conferencing on an as needed basis; however, email advising does not require an appointment time and will provide you with a quicker response.
- Teams Chats or Video conferencing at the time of the appointment is also an option
- Remember: Courses are still organized by instructors; instructors should be sharing course information as well as information on how and when they are accessible. Please refer to Canvas.
Current Masters students: remote advising
- Email is the quickest, most efficient way to contact your faculty academic advisor. We will consider audio and video conferencing on an as needed basis; however, email advising does not require an appointment time and will provide you with a quicker response.
Current Doctoral students:
- Please continue communicating with your faculty academic advisors as you usually do.
All engineering students:
College of Engineering Career Services Staff are available remotely!
- Career Services staff will host online (via Teams or Handshake or email) or phone call one-to-one student/alumni career advising appointments.
- Informational video clips (1-2 minutes each) on engineering career-related topics will be posted to the Engineering Career Services YouTube Channel.
- Engineering Career Services will host virtual events and trainings via Zoom or Webinar. Specific details will be shared via Handshake & events.wayne.edu when created.
- Career opportunities will continue to be shared via email when employers/faculty/program chairs request support (jobs, internships, co-ops, scholarships, virtual events).
What advising services and/or resources are temporarily suspended?
No academic advising services will be suspended.
Engineering Career Services temporarily suspended: Company/Industry visits; Face-to-Face industry informational sessions; face-to-face training sessions; in-person major career fairs (next one is not scheduled until October 2020)
Whom do I contact with advising questions or issues?
- Undergraduate Advising for Current Students
- Graduate Advising for Current Students
- COVID-19 FAQs for Newly Admitted International Students
- Engineering and Computer Science Career Advising for Current Students
Questions about current courses: Email your faculty instructor/professor.
Where can I get more information about COVID-19 and its impact on WSU?
How can I get technical assistance?
- C&IT Coronavirus Student Technology resources
- College of Engineering Help Desk
- C&IT Help Desk