Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering
Graduates will become successful practitioners in engineering and other diverse fields and will be capable of pursuing continuing education opportunities. Specifically, graduates of our program will possess the following capabilities.
- Graduates will understand relevant engineering and scientific principles underlying electrical and computer technologies, and have the capability to apply theoretical, computational, and experimental methods to solve real engineering problems.
- Graduates will have strong oral and written communication skills to interact with fellow engineers and non-technical personnel in a team environment.
- Graduates will have computer skills for effective use in engineering. They will possess a working knowledge of modern programming languages, as well as operating systems and software packages for design, analysis, and simulation.
- Graduates will be able to work hands-on in laboratories with state-of-the-art facilities and equipment to accomplish assigned tasks and projects.
- Graduates will be aware of the societal responsibility of engineers and the essential nature of high ethical standards of professional behavior.
- Graduates will posses effective engineering design capability and an awareness of cost, safety, sustainability, accessibility, and other associated constraints in engineering design.
ECE program outcomes
- an ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering
- an ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data
- an ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability
- an ability to function on multi-disciplinary teams
- an ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems
- an understanding of professional and ethical responsibility
- an ability to communicate effectively
- the broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context
- a recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning
- a knowledge of contemporary issues
- an ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.