Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering
The Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering at WSU is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org.
Enrollment and Graduation Statistics
|Academic Year||Enrollment||Degrees Awarded|
Enrollment data reflect the total number of students in BSEE pre-professional and professional engineering programs. Detailed information on enrollment and graduation pertaining to the ME professional engineering program can be obtained through the American Society for Engineering Education (ASEE).
ABET program educational objectives:
Within a few years of graduation, our graduates are expected to:
PEO1: Work on diverse teams to positively impact the local and global communities through their electrical and other related engineering practice.
PEO2: Maintain and increase their technical expertise through graduate study, research, and lifelong learning.
PEO3: Communicate effectively and demonstrate leadership in engineering practice by being ethical, competent practitioners and participating in entrepreneurial activities.
ECE program outcomes
- an ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering
- an ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data
- an ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability
- an ability to function on multi-disciplinary teams
- an ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems
- an understanding of professional and ethical responsibility
- an ability to communicate effectively
- the broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context
- a recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning
- a knowledge of contemporary issues
- an ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.