How to participate in Innovation and Design Day
This event is an opportunity to showcase cutting-edge solutions to engineering challenges and commercial and social needs. Undergraduate and graduate students, student teams, student organizations, and faculty members are invited to present engineering innovations and development projects to the College of Engineering community, industry representatives, local entrepreneurs, current and prospective students, potential investors and employers, and more!
- Complete the registration form. Registration deadline is 5:00 p.m. March 10, 2019.
- Submit your project poster and 2-minute video electronically by 5:00 p.m.. Friday, March 29, 2019. Participants must use this Poster Template to create their posters.
- Be present at the Design Day event on Thursday, April 18, 2019, from 1 to 4:30 p.m. Participants must be present to win awards.
Submission guidelines and instructions will be emailed once the registration form has been submitted.
Design Day Poster Template (PPTX)
This is an opportunity to display your work to the entire Wayne State University community, so please pay attention to detail when creating your content. Be sure to use spelling/grammar check and to include quality images (posters will be printed to 36" x 24" size). Please see the poster examples below for a better understanding of expectations.
For examples of exemplary posters, you can view last year's winners here.
To aid the judges, participants are very strongly encouraged to submit a 2-minute video that addresses the following questions:
- What problem are you solving?
- How does your product solve the problem?
- Why is this important?