Wayne State's Division of Engineering Technology emphasizes current industrial practices and design procedures. Our division prepares students for fantastic and far-reaching careers that involve hands-on and applied aspects of science.
- We offer undergraduate programs uniquely designed to accept students who have associate degrees or equivalent technological education.
- We stress the ability to seamlessly transfer into our programs.
- We offer numerous internship and undergraduate research opportunities that enrich our students' educational experiences.
- We take pride in the fact that our Master's of Science in Engineering Technology is the only program of its kind at a university that has received the Carnegie Foundation’s highest classifications for research and community engagement. Our curriculum, paired with the prestige of Wayne State University maximizes your graduate experience.
- We offer night classes that cater to non-traditional students who may work or have a family and want to take part-time classes.
The vision of the Division of Engineering Technology is to be the leading undergraduate engineering technology program in Michigan for upper-division students, to be the graduate school of choice for professionals wishing to expand or upgrade their knowledge, and to be recognized as a valuable collaborative partner to local industry.
We will continue to develop and improve our curricula, experimental and computational laboratories, instruction delivery systems, scholarly activities, and enhance the quality of life for our students and faculty. We will support faculty development through participation in technical and professional meetings, and in community activities. These will enable us to make useful contributions to the improvement of the engineering technology profession in metro Detroit, Michigan, and the nation, both now and in the future.
The Division of Engineering Technology supports the Wayne State University mission through its commitment to teaching, research and service in select areas of engineering technology. Our upper division programs provide an educational pathway for community college students seeking to advance their careers. The division strives to serve the needs of industry by emphasizing practical applications and hands-on experiences in our undergraduate and graduate educational programs, as well as our scholarly activities.