Electric-drive Vehicle Engineering Graduate Certificate Program
The Electric-drive Vehicle Engineering Graduate Certificate Program requires a minimum of 12 credits. The core course EVE 5110 is required, and a maximum of four credits is allowed in research or directed study. The program is open to students with a bachelor's degree in engineering, and in other mathematics-based sciences in exceptional cases. Certification procedures in place in WSU's Graduate School will be followed. Should a student become interested later in pursuing the proposed master's degree after completing the graduate certificate, eight of the 12 certificate credits can be transferred toward the master's degree.
Graduate program admissions requirements
- A GPA of 2.8 or above is required to be considered for regular admission to the Graduate Certificate program. Students with a GPA of 2.5 to 2.8 will be considered if an applicant has significant relevant professional experience.
- The program will admit students with bachelor's degrees or the equivalent in engineering from an accredited college or university. Students with mathematics-based science degrees will be considered for admission on a case-by-case basis.
- No other supplemental admission documents are needed. However, letters of recommendation, a statement of purpose, professional resume/CV, and Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores are encouraged to aid the admission evaluation process.
- All students who have earned degrees from a country where English is not the native language must demonstrate English proficiency via a qualified examination. Applicants must earn a minimum score of 79 from the internet-based TOEFL (iBT) or 550 from a paper-based TOEFL (pBT), an IELTS score of 6.5, or an overall Duolingo score of 125.
- International applicants are required to submit an official course-by-course transcript evaluation. Accepted evaluation services include WES, ECE or SpanTran. Note that the official transcript evaluation must be transmitted directly from the evaluating agency to the WSU Office of Graduate Admissions. The transcript evaluation will serve as your official transcript.
- Students in the EVE graduate certificate program can advance to the M.S. via an internal process. No additional graduate admission application is required.
For questions about your application, please contact a Graduate Program Coordinator.