Why Wayne State?
Wayne State University -- Michigan's only urban research university -- is known for academic and research excellence, success across a diverse student body, and meaningful engagement in its urban community. Its mission is to create and advance knowledge, prepare a diverse student body to thrive, and positively impact local and global communities.
Earn a degree from the Wayne State College of Engineering and gain an edge over your competition. You'll learn the ins and outs of engineering and computer science from an internationally recognized faculty, known for pioneering the future from Midtown Detroit. You'll also be prepared to thrive as a graduate. Our college's five high-impact practices supplement the education our students receive and help them to become more well-rounded engineers and computer scientists:
- Join student competition teams and student organizations to grow leadership skills, meet friends and do what you love.
- Study, research or intern abroad in countries such as China or Austria to learn about working and flourishing in diverse cultures.
- Spend time in the lab with a leading expert in your field from as early as your freshman year.
- Get a leg up in your career by working at a top firm as a student.
- Partner with dozens of local organizations to do good and gain so much more.