Associate Professor, Biomedical Engineering
- Associate Professor, Department of Biomedical Engineering, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI. 2018-present
- Assistant Professor, Department of Biomedical Engineering, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI. 2011-18
- Postdoctoral Researcher, University of Pennsylvania, Department of Bioengineering, Philadelphia, PA. 2008-11
B.S.E., Chemical Engineering, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
Ph.D., Biomedical Engineering, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, New Brunswick, NJ
- Neural Tissue Engineering
- Designing Polymeric Scaffolds for Directed Cell Migration
- Three dimensional Tissue Engineered Gradients: Chemotaxis, Haptotaxis, Durotaxis
- Directing Differentiation of Adult Stem Cells
- Microfluidics/Soft Lithography
- Whitehead, T.J. and Sundararaghavan, H.G. Electrospinning growth factor releasing microspheres into fibrous scaffolds. J Vis Exp, 2014. In Press
- Dishowitz, M.I., Zhu, F., Sundararaghavan, H.G., Ifkovits, J.L., Burdick, J.A., Hankenson, K.D. Jagged1 immobilization to a poly(β-amino ester) polymer activated Notch signaling pathway and induces osteogenesis. eCells and Materials. 2013. In Press.
- Wrobel, M., Sundararaghavan, H.G. Directed Migration in Neural Tissue Engineering. Tissue Engineering Part B. 2013 In Press.
- Sundararaghavan, H.G., Saunders, R.L., Hammer, D.A. Burdick, J.A., Fiber alignment directs cell motility over chemotactic gradients. Biotechnol Bioeng. 2013. 110(4): 1249-54
- Sundararaghavan, H. G., and Burdick, J. A. 2011. Gradients with depth in electrospun fibrous scaffolds for directed cell behavior. Biomacromolecules, 2011. 12(6):p.2344-50
- Sundararaghavan, H. G., Metter, R. B. and Burdick, J. A. 2009. Electrospun Fibrous Scaffolds with Multiscale and Photopatterned Porosity. Macromol Biosci., 10(3), 265-270.
- Sundararaghavan, H. G., Masand, S. N., and Shreiber, D.I. Microfluidic generation of haptotactic gradients through 3D collagen gels for enhanced neurite growth. J. Neurotrauma. 2011.
- Ifkovits, J. L., Sundararaghavan, H. G. and Burdick, J. A. 2009. Electrospinning Fibrous Polymer Scaffolds for Tissue Engineering and Cell Culture. J Vis Exp. 2009. Oct 21(32).
- Monteiro, G. A., Fernandes, A. V., Sundararaghavan, H. G. and Shreiber, D. I. 2009. Positively and Negatively Modulating Cell Adhesion to Type I Collagen Via Peptide Grafting. Tissue Eng Part A, 2011, 17(13-14):p.1663-73
- Sundararaghavan, H. G., Monteiro, G. A., Firestein, B. L. and Shreiber, D. I. 2009. Neurite Growth in 3d Collagen Gels with Gradients of Mechanical Properties. Biotechnol Bioeng, 102, 632-643.
- Sundararaghavan, H. G., Monteiro, G. A., Lapin, N. A., Chabal, Y. J., Miksan, J. R. and Shreiber, D. I. 2008. Genipin-Induced Changes in Collagen Gels: Correlation of Mechanical Properties to Fluorescence. J Biomed Mater Res A, 87, 308-320.
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
- Biomedical Engineering Society (BMES)
- Society of Women Engineers (SWE)