Wayne State is a nationally recognized urban center of excellence in research and one of only 10 U.S. public universities in major cities holding the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching’s designation as "doctoral university: highest research activity" by the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education, as well as the foundation's most comprehensive classification for community engagement. WSU is among the nation’s top public universities for total research expenditures ($218 million) according to the National Science Foundation.
The College's hands-on learning environment stems from studying and working under the direction of recognized world leaders who conduct pioneering research and development in interdisciplinary fields and disciplines such as:
- Automotive safety
- Big data and business analytics
- Biomedical and healthcare engineering
- Cyberphysical systems
- Green technologies
Dr. Lai's primary skills and interests are in the fields of thermal fluid engineering, engine combustion and emissions, energy conversion, alternative energy technology, optical diagnostics and computational fluid dynamics applications.Ming-Chia Lai
- Health care systems experts to gather for inaugural symposium at Wayne State University
- Wayne State receives NSF I-Corp grant to improve nanowire sensors used for food safety, anti-terrorism and more
- Cybersecurity is focus of new Cyber Range Hub at ATEC
- Wayne State engineering research team awarded for paper on vehicle platoon control
- 2017 Big Data and Business Analytics Symposium
- Water@Wayne Seminar: "Twenty-five years of ecological change in New York's Hudson River: lessons for the world's rivers"
- ECN5 Workshop (Engine Combustion Network)
- Sustainability@Wayne Seminar: "Process Intensification for Biomass-Based Chemical Production using Techno-economic and Life-Cycle Analysis"