Admission to the Doctorate of Philosophy in Biomedical Engineering Program is contingent upon admission to the Graduate School. Beyond that, applicants also need to meet the below additional department admissions requirements. International applicants are required to submit a WES Evaluation.
Doctorate of Philosophy in Biomedical Engineering
The minimum requirements for admission into the doctoral program in biomedical engineering are:
- A student seeking admission to the doctoral program must have a bachelor's or master's degree in biomedical engineering, or other closely related field from an accredited institution.
- A GPA of at least 3.5/4.0 in the applicant's bachelor's degree or a GPA of at least 3.3/4.0 in the applicant's master's degree is required.
- Current master's students in the WSU BME program must have:
- At least 12 earned credits in the BME courses
- A GPA of at least 3.3/4.0 in the BME courses
- An approved faculty member who agrees to be the student's Ph.D. advisor
- A GRE score with the following minimum scores on the individual components:
- Verbal – greater or equal to 150
- Quantitative – greater or equal to155
- Analytical writing – 3.5 or greater
- Three (3) letters of recommendation.
- A statement of research interests and goals.
- Official TOEFL or IELTS score (minimum score listed below) (if applicable).
- TOEFL - Computer Based Test(CBT) > 215 (203-214, conditional admission)
- Written Based Test (PBT) > 550 (537-549, conditional admission)
- Internet Based Test(IBT) > 79 ( 74-78, can give conditional admission)
- No "IPT"(Institutional Inst. Paper Based Test) TOEFL score accepted
- IELTS - Minimum score 6.5
- MELAB - Minimum score 8.5
For admission and full funding consideration, please have your application completed by March 1st. Most decisions will be released by April 1st.