Wayne State’s electrical and computer engineering faculty members and students conduct cutting-edge research in diverse areas, from control systems and smart sensors to biomedical electronics and robotics. And Wayne State is known for supporting undergraduate research as early as the freshman year. The College of Engineering's Undergraduate Research Award Matching Fund Program provides students with support and faculty mentorship on a wide range of research projects.
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering areas of research excellence
- Micro/nano technology and devices
- Biomedical devices and systems
- Sustainable energy, smart grids, vehicle electrification and autonomous vehicles
- Computer systems, computing and imaging
- Control, information and intelligence