Assistant Professor, Computer Science
5057 Woodward Ave, Detroit, MI 48202
Suzan Arslanturk is a former assistant professor at Ozyegin University in Istanbul, Turkey. She also worked as a research scientist for a healthcare consulting company in Michigan while completing her Ph.D. at Oakland University in 2015. From 2011 to 2014 she was a research scholar at the OU Biomedical Engineering Lab. Her research interests are in the area of data mining and predictive modeling with applications in healthcare.
Ph.D. 2015, Oakland University (Computer Science and Informatics)
M.S. 2011, Oakland University (Computer Science)
B.S 2008, Baskent University (Computer Engineering)
CSC 7810: Data Mining: Algorithms and Applications , Winter 2018
CSC 5800: Intelligent Systems: Algorithms and Tools, Fall 2017
- Medical Informatics and Analytics
- Machine Learning and Pattern Recognition
- Descriptive and Predictive Modeling
- Probabilistic Graphical Models
I am looking for self-motivated Ph.D. students to join my research group in Fall 2018. An RA/TA position with full scholarship (tuition coverage and stipend) are available. Please send me your CV and transcripts to apply.
- S. Arslanturk, M.-R. Siadat, T. Ogunyemi. K. Killinger, A. Diokno, ‘Analysis of Incomplete and Inconsistent Clinical Survey Data’, Knowledge and Information Systems, March 2016, Volume 46, Issue 3, pp 731–750.
- A. C. Diokno, T. Ogunyemi, M.-R. Siadat, S. Arslanturk, K.A. Killinger, “Continence Index: A new screening questionnaire to predict the probability of future incontinence in older women in the community”, International Urology and Nephrology, 2015 Jul; 47(7), pp. 1091-7.
- S. Arslanturk, M.-R. Siadat, T. Ogunyemi, B. Givens, A.Diokno, ‘Stratification of Clinical Survey Data by Using Contingency Tables’, International Journal of Data Mining and Knowledge Management Process (IJDKP), July 2014, 4(4), pp. 1-15.
- G. Corser, S. Arslanturk, J. Oluoch, H. Fu, 'Knowing the Enemy at the Gates: ‘Measuring Attacker Motivation’, International Journal of Interdisciplinary Telecommunications and Networking (IJITN), 2013., 5(2), pp. 1-13.
- T. O. Ogunyemi, M.-R. Siadat, S. Arslanturk, K. A. Killinger, A. C. Diokno, ‘Novel Application of Statistical Methods to Identify New Urinary Incontinence Risk Factors’, Advances in Urology, 2012, Article ID 276501, pp. 1-8.
- T. Ogunyemi, S. Arslanturk, M.-R. Siadat, K. Killinger, A. Diokno, ‘Bayesian Prediction of Incontinence among Older Women Using an Experimental Design Template’, International Conference on Information Science & Applications (ICISA 2014), Seoul, Korea.
- S. Arslanturk, M.-R. Siadat, T. Ogunyemi, K. Demirovic, A. Diokno, ‘Skip Pattern Analysis of the MESA Data for Stratification’, 2012 5th International Conference on Biomedical Engineering and Informatics (BMEI 2012), Chongqing, China.
- S. Arslanturk, M.-R. Siadat, T. Ogunyemi, K. Demirovic, A. Diokno, ‘Skip Pattern Analysis for Detection of Undetermined and Inconsistent Data’, 2012 5th International Conference on Biomedical Engineering and Informatics (BMEI 2012), Chongqing, China.
- S. Arslanturk, M.-R. Siadat, T. Ogunyemi, K. Demirovic, A. Diokno, ‘Skip pattern analysis for stratification and detection of undetermined and inconsistent data’, 2012 5th International Conference on Biomedical Engineering and Informatics (BMEI 2012), Chongqing, China.
- S. Arslanturk, M.- R. Siadat, T. Ogunyemi, I. Sethi, A. Diokno, 'Comparison of Feature Selection Techniques Using Fully Controlled Simulation Based Datasets', ICIME 2nd International Conference on Information Management and Evaluation, Toronto, Canada, 2011.