Get smarter about the technologies that are changing the world, right now! Deepen your understanding and interest in cutting-edge technology, with our online professional 6-week short courses. You may be an engineer seeking the latest findings and applications of technology, or a professional in law, healthcare, accounting, or business, who needs to understand technology trends. We are offering our programs on the Amesite platform, enabling you to meaningfully engage with experts who can guide you, and with peers who will become part of your professional network.
WSU students, alums and non-WSU students are eligible to enroll. Each short course description outlines the course content, time commitment and learning objectives.
Format: completely online, 6-week courses
Engagement: topical discussions on foundational course content, and current articles and media
Commitment: approximately 5-10 hours per week; 30-60 hours total for the program
Assessments and certification: successful completion of weekly assignments earns a certificate of completion from the College of Engineering
- WSU enrolled students: $250/course
- WSU Alums: $600/course
- Others: $1,200/course
* Discounts available for Corporate partners or companies with 5+ registrants.
Technology requirement: Any laptop or smartphone with internet access
- Advanced Battery Systems for Vehicles
- Artificial Intelligence
- Autonomous Systems: Function and Coding
- Autonomous Vehicle Technologies
- Coding for Gaming and Gamification
- Cryptocurrency: Blockchain, Bitcoin, and Non-fungible Tokens (NFTs)
- Data Science
- Electric-drive Vehicle Technologies
- Future Infrastructure: Building Back Better
- Future Mobility Models: Business and Technology
- Robotics for Logistics & Manufacturing
- Smart Manufacturing
- Vehicle Connectivity and Internet of Things (IoT)
Advanced Battery Systems for Vehicles
The Advanced Battery Systems for Vehicles certificate covers the latest technologies and developments in energy storage systems. You will learn about various battery development and composition methods, battery technologies, energy storage systems, and vehicle energy management systems through the certificate. You are introduced to vehicle electrification strategies and the environmental impacts of current and future systems.
The Artificial Intelligence (AI) certificate introduces learners to the world of Artificial AI, and they learn about markets, key players, and technologies in AI. Through interactive labs, learners can execute AI algorithms. The impact of AI in the key sectors is discussed: Business, Healthcare, Technology, and Social Media. Students also learn about the impact of AI on jobs and everyday life and ever-changing privacy and regulatory laws.
Autonomous Systems: Function and Coding
Widen your area of expertise within programming through this certificate for autonomous systems. Learners will advance their knowledge in:
- understanding the demands on software for autonomous systems, including high-speed responses and integrability of data and locations
- various important technologies to ensure connectivity such as LIDAR, radar, and streaming video
- the components required for execution- codes, code architectures, cloud computing environments, and hardware integrations
Autonomous Vehicle Technologies
Advance your career by learning about the latest advancements within the field of autonomous vehicles, poised to transform the worlds of transportation, mobility, and technology. Participants will acquire valuable insight on:
- underlying technologies that enable AV development and deployment
- infrastructure, policy, and business factors and decisions, including forecast market segmentation
- regulatory requirements to implement the future of AVs - safety, environmental, and legal - and how they are changing
Coding for Gaming and Gamification
The Coding for Gaming and Gamification certificate introduces learners to C++'s fundamentals and the basics of game programming. The course teaches the concepts of C++ programming and includes game case studies at the end of each module that map the ideas and game case studies. The course covers operators and variables, iterations and arrays, functions, references and pointers, and classes. Some game case studies include and are not limited to – tic-tac-toe, word jumble, and hangman. The course also covers advanced programming topics such as dynamic memory, inheritance, and polymorphism.
Cryptocurrency: Blockchain, Bitcoin, and Non-fungible Tokens (NFTs)
The Blockchain certificate introduces learners to the fundamentals of Blockchain. Through interactive labs, learners can execute smart contracts and are introduced to Bitcoin. Blockchain's impact in the critical industry sectors is discussed: Finance and Business, Law, and Medicine. Students learn about Blockchain's impact on jobs and everyday life and ever-changing security, privacy, and regulatory laws.
Advance your knowledge and hone your skills in the world of data science through this course, designed for both beginners and experienced users, that covers a wide range of topics, including:
- Python introduction or refresher, depending on your current skill level
- advanced data types, databases, SQL, and data exploration techniques, including machine learning algorithms
- labs using open-sourced tools to translate concepts into practice and provide real-world context
Electric-drive Vehicle Technologies
Dig into the world of transportation and automobiles through this course focused on electric vehicles. The newest type of vehicle represents many advancements in the field and the future of the sector. Learn about topics such as:
- technology components like batteries, controllers, and sensors
- data collection and management, including infrastructure requirements and cooperation among all players in the EV world
- the effects of EVs on other sectors, including the environment, traditional automobiles, policies, and regulation
Future Infrastructure: Building Back Better
The Smart Cities certificate introduces learners to the concept, reality, and technologies of smart cities – using examples from around the globe. Key course topics include detailing requirements that smart cities aim to achieve, underlying technologies that constitute smart cities' development – the internet of things (IoT) devices, data management. Students learn the importance of utilizing data in decision-making and its effect on the participants - government, business, and consumers. Students also learn about privacy and regulatory needs in smart cities.
Future Mobility Models: Business and Technology
Be on the cutting edge of the latest trend in mobility with this course covering Mobility as a Service (MaaS). Participants will gain an inside look into:
- the landscape of MaaS, including technology, the abundance of data, and infrastructure growth
- consumer preferences and their evolvement, ride-sharing models, and how autonomous and connected vehicles affect this new sector (and how MaaS may advance the use of autonomous vehicles)
- the economics and solutions of changing business models within transportation, along with policy impacts at state and national levels
Robotics for Logistics & Manufacturing
The Robotics for Logistics and Manufacturing certificate will introduce learners to the role of industrial robots and automation in manufacturing and logistics plants and facilities. The course covers topics on robot classification types, machines, and AI vision applications. Learners are also made aware of economic, maintenance, and safety factors, and its impact on automation. Additional course topics include – Human-Machine Interaction and advances and robot programming.
Present and near-future manufacturing facilities include a combination of robust cyberphysical systems and automated robots. Empowering manufacturing and automation workers to work alongside new technology and devices with less errors and increased productivity and efficiency is of utmost importance. The Smart Manufacturing certificate will cover topics on sensors, industrial robots and controls systems, AI applications in automation and machine vision, and guidelines for teams to facilitate automated production systems along manufacturing workflows. The certificate also includes case studies and examples of successful and unsuccessful approaches and provides learners with a strong overview of the new advancements in smart manufacturing.
Vehicle Connectivity and Internet of Things (IoT)
V2X communication is an essential enabler for autonomous transportation and connectivity. The V2X certificate introduces learners to the technology landscape, discusses sensing and computing technologies and current network protocols and services. The topics covered include mobility and optimization, the role of 5G, and infrastructure requirements to enable V2X. Learners are introduced to V2X and connectivity's economics and its impact on society and smart cities.