Data Science certificate program
Advance your knowledge and hone your skills in the world of data science through this course, designed for both beginners and experienced users, that covers a wide range of topics, including:
- Python introduction or refresher, depending on your current skill level
- advanced data types, databases, SQL, and data exploration techniques, including machine learning algorithms
- labs using open-sourced tools to translate concepts into practice and provide real-world context
Starts: May 17, 2021
Format: completely online, 6-week courses
Engagement: topical discussions on foundational course content, and current articles and media
Commitment: approximately 5-10h per week; 30-60 hours total for the program
Assessments and certification: successful completion of weekly assignments earns a Certificate of completion from the College of Engineering at WSU (Wayne State University)
- WSU enrolled students: $250/course
- WSU Alums: $600/course
- Others: $1,200/course
* Discounts available for Corporate Partners or companies with 5+ registrants
Technology requirement: Any laptop or smartphone with internet access
Course materials will be available electronically at the start of the course.
INDIVIDUAL ASSESSMENTS: Individual assessments are not timed and are multiple-choice questions.
ENGAGEMENT: You must make at least 2 posts, per week. Your posts/comments can either be on the Course Feed or Course Help sections. For example, you can make 1 newsfeed and 1 discussion comment, 2 newsfeed comments or 2 discussion comments each week and receive full credit.
- Lab sessions do not contribute to final certification grade.
- Labs involve running simulations using NumPy, Pandas, data manipulation and machine learning (ML) algorithms.
Course Schedule by Week
Fundamentals of Data Science: Why Statistics? Intro to ML, and Structure
Python Refresher: Operators, Expressions, Functions, Data Structures and Strings
Advanced Data Manipulation: NumPy, Pandas
SQL in Data Science and Data Analysis
Factorization and Visualization