Handshake* is the career portal for all WSU students and alumni. Search through hundreds of internship, co-op and job opportunities. Use your access ID to log in to Handshake. Make sure to upload a new copy of your resume and complete your profile.
Tips for making yourself more marketable via Handshake:
- To make your profile searchable by employers on Handshake, make your profile "public" and your resume "visible". "Public" only means that APPROVED employers can search for you via Handshake.
- Handshake instructions on how to change your profile to '"public"
- Handshake information on the difference between "private" and "public"
- Helpful features in Handshake
*Current students and alumni are automatically provided an account in the WSU Handshake system and should log in with their access ID and password. Wayne State University (WSU) Engineering Career Resource Center serves all engineering and computer science undergraduate students, graduate students and alumni (those who have graduated with a degree or certificate from WSU).
Applying online is just as important as attending networking events. Keep track of the jobs/internships that you apply to online, and always make sure to follow the instructions on each application closely. There are hundreds of internship/job sites available for your job search. Most engineering & computer science positions are paid opportunities, if you are offered an unpaid position please contact Career Resource Center Assistant Directors to discuss the value and validity of the job.
Highly recommended sites
Other job search sites
- National Society of Professional Engineers
- Stack Overflow
- State of Michigan Jobs
Preparing for your job search
- ECRC Youtube (quick videos: job search / career topics)
- Introduction to Resume Building
- Interview Tips PPT
- Building a Linkedin Tips PPT
- Resume Template w/ Tips
- Resume Template
- Resume Workshop PPT
- Job Search Techniques PPT
- CareerSpots Videos
- Occupational Outlook Handbook
- Discover Data Science
- Master's in Data Science Careers
International student resources
Always make sure to check with Office of International Students and Scholars to get the latest version of the CPT/OPT rules.