Doctor of Philosophy
The Department of Chemical Engineering and Materials Science has very strong M.S. and Ph.D. programs in chemical engineering as well as in materials science and engineering, with a current graduate enrollment of approximately 60 students, including about 30 Ph.D. students.
All applications for Ph.D. study should include the following materials, all in English:
- A completed university application
- University graduate application fee
- An original copy of the undergraduate transcript
- An original copy of the graduate transcript, if applicable
- Official qualifying score from either TOEFL or IELTS to establish English proficiency, for international applicants.
- Three recommendation letters; at least two from the applicant's academic institution
- A copy of the applicant's resume
- A copy of the applicant's Personal Statement
- Selected publications, and award and patent certificates, if any
- An email address and a phone number where the applicant can be contacted
- A copy of a valid TSE score report (optional)
- International applicants are required to submit a WES Evaluation.
Admission to the following programs is contingent upon admission to the Graduate School; for requirements, see university graduate admissions requirements.
For admission and full funding consideration, please have your application completed by March 1st. Most decisions will be released by April 1st.