There are multiple places to go for assistance if you are struggling inside of the classroom. All of these resources are FREE.
- Academic Success Center (ASC): Tutoring, supplemental instruction, peer and professional mentoring available across a wide range of subjects
- Chemistry Learning Center: Chemistry tutoring and organized group study space
- Emerging Scholars Program (ESP): Two-credit hour workshops that students can take in addition to their regular math course
- Math Resource Center: Free drop-in tutoring for math courses
- STEM Innovation Learning Center: Peer mentoring and group study space for students majoring in STEM fields
- Tau Beta Pi (TBP): Students in this engineering honors fraternity are available to assist/tutor for math, science and engineering courses in the TBP office on the second floor of the engineering building
- DOSO: Wayne State University and the College of Engineering is committed to providing an environment that allows all students to thrive. If you (students/faculty/staff) have a concern that you believe impedes these efforts and want to report it, the Dean of Students Office (DOSO) has official channels to report issues.
As stated in the Student Code of Conduct, students are expected to conduct themselves in a manner conducive to an environment that encourages the free exchange of ideas and information. As integral members of the academic community, students have the right to expect that their rights are protected from arbitrary, capricious and malicious acts on the part of other members of the academic community.
The CARE (Community Advocacy Referral Engagement) report is monitored by the Dean of Students; the other reports go to other university offices. The DOSO CARE team will review your report within one business day. They will confirm receipt of the submitted report via email, review the information provided, attempt to reach out to the student via phone and/or email, and share any appropriate follow-up information.
If you have emergency or someone is in danger, please call Wayne State Police at 313-577-2222.
If you have any non-emergency questions, contact DOSO at 313-577-1010 or email@example.com.
Students have a responsibility to uphold the values of WSU and respect their classmates. If you experience classroom harassment or behaviors from your classmates that are not conducive to a learning environment:
1) Report the issue to your instructor
2) Report the issue to your academic advisor
3) Submit a CARE report (or other report)