WSU scholarship opportunities
- Dean's Conference Presentation Award - This award is designed to help graduate students offset the cost of presenting research at a virtual conference or scientific meeting. Applications are due by the 1st of every month and will be reviewed by the College's Research Advisory Committee. Awards cannot be applied retroactively to conference that have already passed. Up to two students per month can receive this award during the academic year (October- April). Click on the award title for more information and to apply.
- Hank and Joy Kuchta Chemical Engineering and Materials Science Endowed Ph.D. Scholarship- Established in 2017, the Hank and Joy Kuchta Endowed Scholarship recognizes scholastic achievement, encourages continued progress, and provides assistance to Wayne State University students in financing their doctoral education in chemical engineering and materials science.
- Michael E. Conrad Graduate Research Award - Each year, the Graduate Committee recognizes the computer science graduate student who has published the most significant research article in the field of computer science during the prior year. The award is named in memory of the late Dr. Michael Conrad. He was known internationally for his early work in biocomputing and artificial life. His research attracted the attention of prominent scientists from a wide range of disciplines. He led a vibrant research group and was an exceptional mentor to students and faculty alike. Full-time graduate students in computer science, both domestic and international, are invited to submit an article or paper that has appeared in a nationally recognized journal during the previous calendar year. Students interested in being considered for this award should contact their faculty advisor for information on the nomination process.
- Ralph H. Kummler Award for Distinguished Achievement in Graduate Student Research - In memory of the late Dean Emeritus Ralph H. Kummler, the College of Engineering has established the Ralph H. Kummler Distinguished Achievement Award in Graduate Student Research to recognize distinguished research accomplishments of engineering Ph.D. students.
- Scholarships for International Students - from the Office of International Students and Scholars (OISS)
- Three-Minute Thesis Competition and Award (3MT) - Knowing how to present one's work in a concise, engaging, and clear manner is an invaluable skill for networking, job hunting, and fundraising. To help students fine-tune their presentation skills, the College of Engineering will hold a 3MT competition for eligible M.S. and Ph.D. students.
Returning students may apply for College of Engineering donor scholarships. Most of our donors extend financial support to our undergraduate students, but several are available for master's level students. Read more about the scholarships and process - be aware of the deadlines! If you are an international student, the Office of Financial Aid has a paper form similar to the domestic FAFSA; completing this form may help your eligiblilty to some scholarships.
WSU Graduate School funding
|AGRADE MS Scholarship||16-Dec-20||student applies||AGRADE students entering their first Masters-only semester|
|Dean's Diversity Fellowships||12-Mar-21||nomination||first time PhD students only|
|Dean's Diversity Master's Fellowship||TBD||first time Master's students only|
|Graduate Professional Scholarship||1-Mar||student applies||Master's and PhD|
|Heberlein Teaching Award||18-Dec-20||nomination||Master's and PhD students teaching lecture or lab sections|
|KCP - Future Faculty Fellowship||opening soon||student applies||PhD students|
|Rumble Fellowships/Rumble GRAs|| |
|nomination||PhD students for recruitmemt, development or completion|
|Summer Dissertation Fellowship||15-Jan-21||student applies||advanced PhD students who expect to graduate by May 2022|