Summer Academy scholarships
The Office of Community Engagement and K-12 Outreach partners with non-profit organizations that offer scholarships and financial assistance to students interested in attending the Summer Academy. Awards are based on demonstrated financial need and meeting other eligibility and selection criteria. There are a limited number of full and partial scholarships and financial assistance available.
Scholarship Eligibility and Application Requirements
Eligibility and deadline requirements will differ from each partner. Please visit the links below for more detail. Our office will receive notification that your child has been awarded scholarship/financial assistance. We may require additional registration information upon notification.
WSU Engineering Summer Engagement Scholarship
- Students interested in a science, technology, or math (STEM) & related camp at Wayne State University.
- Eligible students must qualify for free or reduced lunch and provide documentation.
- This scholarship will cover up to 50% of the cost of a STEM-related camp at Wayne State University.
- If a student qualifies for another scholarship that does not cover the full cost of a camp, this scholarship will cover the remaining cost.
- Families can apply for multiple children. Each child may qualify for up to two summer camps.
- Applying does not guarantee a student a scholarship or a place in a camp.
- Call 313-577-8896 or email email@example.com with any questions!
- Students must be currently in the 8th grade through 11th grade.
- Attend a school that has a C2 Pipeline center or attend a Michigan school in the C2 Pipeline catchment area.
- Students will only register with C2 Pipeline to be considered for scholarship/financial aid.
- Students can apply for day camp or residential camp
- All registration details will be forwarded to our office for engineering and computer science camps.
Detroit Area Pre-College Engineering Program (DAPCEP)
- DAPCEP offer financial assistance to the WSU Engineering Summer Academy.
- Apply to be considered for financial aid to help cover the cost of camp.
BUF of Michigan
- ACE Aviation Career Education Academy.
- Students must be currently in the 7th grade through 11th grade.
- To be considered for scholarship/financial aid, families must apply on the the BUF website.
- BUF will notify our office once scholarship/financial aid has been awarded.
Community/Schools/Company Tuition Assistance Programs
- Families that qualify for their own community, school, or company tuition assistance may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a payment invoice.