Summer Aviation Career Education (ACE) Academy
The purpose of Aviation Career Education (ACE) is to offer first level exposure to the aviation industry by providing aviation career exploration for 9th-12th grade students. Academy participants learn about aviation history, theory of flight, and other aviation related subjects. Students will have the opportunity to go on field trips to aviation facilities, museums and participate in other hands on activities designed to give students a total aviation experience.
The ACE program is designed to expose youths to the wide variety of career opportunities in aviation. The goal is to provide an opportunity for students to receive hands on experience of learning the history of aviation, fundamentals of aerodynamics, the role of government in aviation, and the many careers available in the aviation industry.
Students will meet Aviation Professionals and participate in field trips to a variety of aviation facilities and educational institutions.
As an attendee of ACE Academy you will:
- Take an orientation flight in a Cessna or Piper type aircraft (Schedule for a later date)
- Receive basic aviation education
- Be introduced to aviation history
- Learn the qualities of leadership
- Associate and work with other youth
- Meet professionals from the aviation community
- Learn about unmanned aerial systems and remote control vehicles
- Drone and rocket demonstrations
- Virtual field trips
Only in-person programs will be provided, a FREE orientation flight conducted by licensed and insured pilots.
Details coming spring 2024!