WSU Senior Rule allows students in the last undergraduate semester at Wayne State, with a minimum 3.0 upper division GPA, to take a limited number of graduate credits which can be used toward a master's degree - while paying the undergraduate tuition rate.
Students must register for at least one credit that is required for completion of the undergraduate degree, and only those courses taken in excess of the undergraduate degree requirements will be awarded graduate credit.
Undergraduate and graduate courses combined may not exceed sixteen credits for the final semester of undergrad degree work.
- Minimum overall 3.0 upper division GPA
- Must be enrolled in at least one credit required for completion of their WSU undergraduate degree program, and may enroll in maximum of 16 credits total (undergraduate and graduate credits combined) for the semester
- Must apply for degree by submitting the degree application via Academica by the posted university deadline
- Submit a complete online Application for Graduate Admission
- Fulfill all other Senior Rule requirements as outlined in the WSU Graduate Bulletin
- Submit Senior Rule Request Form signed by the undergraduate Academic Advisor verifying student eligibility
Please reach out to an advisor if you have questions or would like to talk about this option.