Master of Science
The Department of Chemical Engineering and Materials Science offers graduate programs in chemical engineering and materials science, and graduate certificate programs in polymers and sustainable engineering.
Read this program handout to learn more about Wayne State's master's program in materials science.
Admissions and degree requirements
The Department of Chemical Engineering and Materials Science has very strong M.S. and Ph.D. programs in chemical engineering as well as in materials science and engineering, with a current graduate enrollment of approximately 60 students, including about 30 Ph.D. students.
All applications for M.S. study should include the following materials, all in English:
- A completed graduate application
- An original copy of the undergraduate transcript
- An original copy of the graduate transcript, if applicable
- Official qualifying score from either TOEFL or IELTS to establish English proficiency, if necessary
- Three recommendation letters; at least two from the applicant's academic institution
- A copy of the applicant's resume
- A copy of the applicant's Personal Statement
- Selected publications, and award and patent certificates, if any
- International applicants are required to submit a WES Evaluation.
Admission to the following programs is contingent upon admission to the Graduate School; for requirements, see university graduate admissions requirements.
For questions regarding your application, please contact a graduate program coordinator or (313) 577-0409 and include your Access ID or Application ID.