Mission and objectives
Undergraduate program mission statement
Graduates will become successful practitioners in engineering and other diverse fields and will be capable of pursuing continuing education opportunities. Graduates of our program will possess the below capabilities.
- Graduates will understand relevant engineering and scientific principles underlying electrical and computer technologies, and will have the capability to apply theoretical, computational and experimental methods to solve real engineering problems.
- Graduates will have strong oral and written communication skills to interact with fellow engineers and non-technical personnel in a team environment.
- Graduates will have computer skills for effective use in engineering. They will possess a working knowledge of modern programming languages, as well as operating systems and software packages for design, analysis and simulation.
- Graduates will be able to work hands-on in laboratories with state-of-the-art facilities and equipment to accomplish assigned tasks and projects.
- Graduates will be aware of the societal responsibility of engineers and the essential nature of high ethical standards of professional behavior.
- Graduates will possess effective engineering design capability and an awareness of cost, safety, sustainability, accessibility and other associated constraints in engineering design.
Graduate program mission statement
Our graduate program mission is to provide graduate students with outstanding academic and research experiences, and prepare them to meet the needs and challenges in electrical and computer engineering.
- To provide faculty and students with an environment that is conducive to carrying out cutting-edge research and excellence in teaching.
- To provide graduate students with focused instruction and research experiences in preparation for careers in industry, academia and the public sector.
- To provide support needed for faculty to become and continue to be scholars, educators and innovative researchers.
- To provide graduate students the opportunity to participate in professional projects, including internships with industry, for professional careers in industry.
- To instill graduate students with the desire for lifelong learning, innovation and creativity for the advancement of the engineering discipline.