A degree in Electrical and Computer Engineering allows you to program computers and understand the computer hardware systems from the microchip level and up. A creative, hands-on discipline with a vital math component, electrical engineering students learn to work with controls, computer systems, telecommunications, microchip design, fiber optics, remote sensors, circuits, and much more. Our capstone projects allow you to bring many of these tools to design, create and program innovative projects in a team environment. You will have the tools you need to create a faster smartphone, build automotive electronics, create the energy-efficient power systems of the future, understand embedded systems to develop smart robotics and even develop artificial intelligence and machine learningsystems. With this versatile degree, you will have the background and the skill sets to design, build and program modern computing and engineering systems of today and tomorrow.
Special programs include an AGRADE option for physics seniors, as well as a joint undergraduate program with the Department of Biomedical Engineering.
The Electrical and Computer Engineering graduate program offers one of the broadest curricula within the college, with courses spanning a wide range of sub-disciplines. To focus their efforts, graduate students may consider selecting courses based on an area of concentration. In addition to its conventional programs, the department also plays a critical role in delivering the college's M.S. in robotics and M.S. in artificial intelligence programs.
- Bachelor of Science in electrical and computer engineering
- Master of Science in artificial intelligence: an interdiscplinary program offered by the College of Engineering
- Master of Science in computer engineering
- Master of Science in electrical engineering
- Master of Science in electrical engineering: semiconductor engineering (online)
- Master of Science in robotics: an interdiscplinary program offered by the College of Engineering
- Doctor of Philosophy in computer engineering
- Doctor of Philosophy in electrical engineering