Research excellence awards
The Faculty Research Excellence Award recognizes distinguished research accomplishments of Engineering faculty members. Up to three awards are presented annually to tenured and tenure-track faculty. The award consists of $2,500, together with a recognition plaque that is presented during the spring Faculty Assembly. Previous awardees are not eligible to apply.
College of Engineering tenured and tenure-track faculty may self-nominate or nominate fellow colleagues for the Research Excellence Award. The nomination package must consist of the following materials:
- A cover letter with nominating faculty signatures * download and share with two nominating faculty to get their signature approval
- A personal statement describing the nominee's distinguished research accomplishments (minimum font size: 12 point)
- A copy of the nominee's professional record (last 5 years); and
- Three letters of recommendation elaborating on the significance of the nominee's research accomplishments, from faculty members and/or researchers in the nominee's research field. At least one of the recommendation letters should be from another academic institution or industry representative.
Selection criteria are based on recent (last five years) research accomplishments as evidenced by:
- Significant publication in high-impact journals, conference proceedings or books
- Significant technology breakthrough with patents and/or licensing
- Prestigious national or international research awards, and/or
- Major research/center grants
The College's Research Advisory Committee will review the applications and will recommend awardees to the Dean.
The nomination package, including the cover page and all supporting documents (excluding recommendation letters and professional record), is limited to a total of 10 pages. The nomination materials must be submitted on or before 11:59 p.m. Monday, March 27, 2022.
Up to three awards are given each year, with at least one award given to tenure-track faculty. However, the Research Advisory Committee reserves the right to recommend an appropriate number of award(s), if any, for each year.